TO BE HIS CHILD
Here's what you should know about my new song, "To Be His Child":
The best laid plans...
Today (January 30th) is the day I’ve been aiming to release “To Be His Child” and everything was on track! Until it wasn’t.
The moving parts should stop moving in a week or two. My new year’s resolution was more music, which comes with more of the everything else... and I’m still learning the tricky timeline of it all.
1. I'm making a video, and I need really short video clips and high-quality pictures of children doing good things (being a friend, reading, hiking, going to church, doing things with family, etc.). I would love if you'd send me some! The deadline is this coming Wednesday, January 24th. Send them to shawna(at)shawnaedwardsmusic(dot)com. (Pictures and video need to be oriented landscape, not portrait.)
2. I know it may seem a little late for this song. And I wasn't actually going to write a song for the theme this year, because nothing could ever take the place of "I am a Child of God." But I just couldn't get it out of my mind, so a few weeks ago I decided to go ahead with it. So that's why it wasn't out before the first of the year. If you love it, hopefully you can find a month to teach it.
3. I learned in 2017, after trying to do some other projects, that it's about the music, and I should focus on that. And so "To Be His Child" is the first of several more songs this year.
4. The song will be released on January 30th February 15th. I hope.
5. There will be a group bundle available, as always, and an idea sheet on how to teach it.
6. I hope your children's group will love singing this one, and will remember who they are, and what it really means to be His child.