Hi. I'm Shawna. I write songs to share my faith in Christ. I'm grateful for everyone who sings, plays or listens to them. I hope that together, we can spread His message and invite others to come unto Him and find joy, peace and rest.
My husband, John, is my best friend, biggest fan, and most brutally honest critic. Together, we have five children and 16 grandchildren. I'm so grateful for my family, and have great hope in knowing that families can be together forever. (Which might actually be long enough to get them all together for an updated picture)!
I put my first song on YouTube just over 10 years ago. At the time, I was naive enough about YouTube that I embedded my personal email at the end, offering that if anyone wanted a free copy of the music, they could email me, and I'd send it to them. (yikes!)
Things have changed a little since then. I can no longer give my music away, because it just became an extremely expensive hobby. But I try to charge a reasonable price, and I still give it away to anyone who emails and says they just can't pay for it.
*With that first video, I told my husband I hoped I'd get 100 views. I underestimated that a little bit. I have been pleased and humbled and grateful to see my channel approach 30 million views. And I hope that the music has brought just a little more joy and peace to the lives of those who listen.
I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I believe that we are children of a living, loving God, who loved us enough to give His Son, Jesus Christ. I believe Jesus is the Savior of the world, who underwent immeasurable suffering and gave His life to ransom us from our sins and offer us eternal life.
I frequently give presentations. I have a few different topics I speak about, but I always try to include some of my music, involve the audience, and try to make it both inspiring and fun. If you would like to schedule a presentation for your group (it's free and I don't bring anything to sell), please email me at shawna(at)shawnaedwardsmusic(dot)com.
- I'm a homebody.
- I didn't start writing songs until about 10 years ago.
- I took up snow skiing when I was 30 and wakeboarding when I was 40. I finally settled on music, where I can stay warm and I never face plant.
- I would take a really good hot dog over a steak any day, and I don’t care what’s in it.
- After 8 collective years in college, I finally graduated with my music degree in 2009.
- Over the years, we've watched our children play in about 1500 baseball games and 500 basketball games, and loved every minute of it.
- One of my favorite memories ever is riding double on a scooter in the Swiss Alps with our only daughter.
- When I was 12, Happy Days was the edgiest show on TV. And my parents wouldn’t let me watch it.
- My kids are my best friends.
- I credit insomnia for every decent project I’ve ever done.
- I have a deep and abiding faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. That faith gives me direction, purpose and peace.
- The best thing I’ve ever done is marry John.
Thanks for visiting my website. Send questions and feedback to shawna(at)shawnaedwardsmusic(dot)com.