- I'm a homebody.
- I didn't start writing songs until about 10 years ago.
- I took up snow skiing when I was 30 and wakeboarding when I was 40. I finally settled on music, where I can stay warm and I never face plant.
- I would take a really good hot dog over a steak any day, and I don’t care what’s in it.
- After 8 collective years in college, I finally graduated with my music degree in 2009.
- Over the years, we've watched our children play in about 1500 baseball games and 500 basketball games, and loved every minute of it.
- One of my favorite memories ever is riding double on a scooter in the Swiss Alps with our only daughter.
- When I was 12, Happy Days was the edgiest show on TV. And my parents wouldn’t let me watch it.
- My kids are my best friends.
- I credit insomnia for every decent project I’ve ever done.
- I have a deep and abiding faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. That faith gives me direction, purpose and peace.
- The best thing I’ve ever done is marry John.
I put my first song on YouTube just over 10 years ago. At the time, I was naive enough about YouTube that I embedded my personal email at the end, offering that if anyone wanted a free copy of the music, they could email me, and I'd send it to them. (yikes!)
Things have changed a little since then. I can no longer give my music away, because it just became an extremely expensive hobby. But I try to charge a reasonable price, and I still give it away to anyone who emails and says they just can't pay for it.
*With that first video, I told my husband I hoped I'd get 100 views. I underestimated that a little bit. I have been pleased and humbled and grateful to see my channel approach 30 million views. And I hope that the music has brought just a little more joy and peace to the lives of those who listen.
One last thing: I frequently give presentations. I have a few different topics I speak about, but I always try to include some of my music, involve the audience, and try to make it both inspiring and fun. If you would like to schedule a presentation for your group (it's free and I don't bring anything to sell), please email me at shawna(at)shawnaedwardsmusic(dot)com.